- arowboat.org is a open community portal for Android on Texas Instruments devices
Goals of arowboat project
- Provide a stable Google Android base port for TI devices based platforms, example: OMAP35x, AM35x, AM37x and DM37x platforms.
- Enable key hardware features like ARM plus NEON, DSP, 2D/3D Accelerated Graphics, Hardware accelerated scaler, rotation, and others on TI devices.
Key differentiators among many others
- Active and open development of a quality Android port
- Focused on a stable, well tested and benchmarked Android port for TI devices
- Performance optimizations for Graphics, Multimedia and others
- Peripheral integration like WLAN, Bluetooth, Sensors, etc
- Complete support through community for TI EVMs, Community platforms like Beagleboard, Hawkboard, Craneboard, opensourcemid and other platforms from TI partners like IGEP, DevKit 8000, etc
Who might be interested in this project
- Groups planning to use Android on TI devices
- Open community platform (Beagle, Crane, Hawk) users with an interest in Android
- Android OS and Android application developers
- Above all : Everyone considering Android beyond handsets